Partners and law firm owners should be focusing their time on the management issues rather than administration.
- Productive activities, including those of individual lawyers and the firm as a whole.
- Quantity, quality, and economic soundness of the work.
- Development of lawyers and future leaders of the firm.
- Formulation of policies that will determine the firm’s character
- Financial planning, both short-term and long-range.
- Marketing and business development.
- Partner compensation and profit distribution systems
- Other decisions requiring partner approval